Please note: this location guide is a guide for kitesurfing spots in Perth and other parts of Western Australia. This is NOT a list of where our school operates from. KiteBud conducts lessons ONLY from Pinnaroo Point in Hillarys.
Trigg Beach is a location suitable only for advanced wave riders. The massive swell and strong currents can be challenging, but is the delight of many wave addicts. Trigg Beach is known to be the landing spot of the popular City Beach to Trigg downwinder. Riders must keep clear of Surf Life Saving Club flagged zones.
🧭 Wind Compass
S: A common afternoon wind direction especially during the hottest parts of summer (January-February). On very hot summer days, due South winds are often weaker in strength and may arrive later in the afternoon.
SSW: The most common afternoon wind direction during the summer months in Perth (October-April). This wind direction is ideal for this location.
SW: A true South-West breeze happens on occasions during the summer months.
WSW, W, WNW, NW, NNW, N: These winds will blow predominantly during winter (May-September). Winter winds are usually generated by storm fronts and can be unpredictable, gusty and on-shore.
NNE, NE, ENE, E, ESE, SE, SE, SSE: These winds will take you off-shore at this location and must be avoided by all kitesurfers.
⚠️ Dangers and Restrictions
- Keep out of the Surf Life Saving Club flagged zone North of the launching zone
- Strong currents can occur
- Massive waves can be dangerous for unexperienced riders. This location is only suitable for advanced wave riders
- Wave riding etiquette applies with all disciplines on the water
- Easy Access
- Great location for wave riding
- Not recommended for learners
- The launching zone can get crowded, since it is the landing zone of a popular downwinder