In summer, City Beach is a very popular starting point for downwinders toward Trigg Beach. Swell varies throughout the summer and can deliver anywhere from small to large sized waves and shore breaks. Kitesurfing through the designated swimming areas is prohibited.You must remain > 200 meters offshore of the flagged swimming areas, whether swimmers are present or not. This downwinder is NOT beginner friendly due to the presence of waves and shore breaks. Please observe right of way rules during the downwinder and respect all other beach and water users.
Please note: this location guide is a guide for kitesurfing spots in Perth and other parts of Western Australia. This is NOT a list of where our school operates from. KiteBud conducts lessons ONLY from Pinnaroo Point in Hillarys.
🧭 Wind Compass
S, SSW, SW : These are the main Summer wind directions and the only directions that work for this particular downwinder
⚠️ Dangers and Restrictions
- Stay away from Surf Life Saving Club flagged Zones at all times, may there be swimmers or not
- Observe right of way rules and wave riding etiquette with all other disciplines on the water
- Stay away from swimmers, beach users and other water activities such as jetskis, sup, etc..
- North of Floreat swimming zone, there is an underwater pipe going from the beach to the water
- Fisherman are sometimes present along the beach
- Only use designated kitesurfing areas for launching and landing. Kites are not permitted on every beach in Perth
- Always kite with a friend and wear appropriate safety equipment
- One of the best wave riding downwinder in Perth
- Easily accessible
- Water traffic can be heavy
- Small sketchy launch with obstacles