Attadale (aka ''Point Walter Dog Beach'') is one of the rare location (along with Point Walter) close to the city that can be ridden in Easterly and North-Easterly winds. The flat and shallow water makes it easy to ride, but the small launching zone close to obstacles, dog walkers and pedestrians requires intermediate skills. Shells can be found on the beach and in the water, so booties are recommended. Winds can be light and gusty. Do NOT kitesurf at this location (or at Point Walter) in SE winds, use Pelican Point instead.
Please note: this location guide is a guide for kitesurfing spots in Perth and other parts of Western Australia. This is NOT a list of where our school operates from. KiteBud conducts lessons ONLY from Pinnaroo Point in Hillarys.
🧭 Wind Compass
E, ENE, NE : These are the most suitable wind directions for this location. These winds are typically blowing on summer mornings, and occasionally during winter months. Although most of these winds are light to moderate, they can occasionally blow between 20 and 30 knots.
ESE, NNE: These wind directions can be very gusty due the wind passing over nearby land.
SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW, WSW, W, WNW, NW, NNW, N: These wind directions are not suitable for this location
⚠️ Dangers and Restrictions
- Complicated launching and landing (small area with trees, bicycle path and pedestrian traffic)
- Bird Sanctuary South of the spot, launching and landing prohibited in this area (fenced)
- Keep off the area off shore of the bird sanctuary
- Keep a safe distance from boats
- Launching and landing permitted on the beach west of the bird sanctuary
- Watch out for dogs and other beach users
- To access the water from the parkway, use the bicycle path and not the reed bank
- One of the rare location suitable for E to NE winds
- Suitable for morning land breezes
- Popular location for hydrofoiling
- In the hottest days of summer, easterly winds can occasionally blow between 20 and 30 knots in early mornings
- Sketchy launching and landing
- Other beach users
- Winds can be light and gusty